– Do children under 14 yo need a ticket to enter the event?
Children aged below 14 years old (that is: born in 2009 or later) are not required a ticket to access the UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup – Benidorm Costa Blanca 2023 venue. They will need to show an ID card at the access gate in order to verify their age. There is one exception, though: every child will need a VIP ticket to enter the VIP zone.
– What happens if my ticket has the name of another person?
Nothing. The only IDs that will be checked at the access gates are those of the underage children.
– Do I need a ticket to enter the venue on January 21st, be it to watch BenidormCX or the official training of the UCI CX World Cup event?
No. Access is free on January 21st.
– What time do the access gates open on January 22nd?
The access gates will be open from 8.30 AM.
– Once inside the venue, can I go outside and return?
Yes. Once your ticket is validated, you will be handed a bracelet that will enable you to enter and leave the venue as many times as you wish or need.
– Can I bring food or beverages to the venue?
You can, as long as it is inside a container that isn’t closed, or that can be used to harm another person. By Spanish law, you can’t enter a sporting venue with a closed container – such as a can, or a bottle. For instance, if you want to bring liquids in, they must be on an uncapped plastic bottle. This applies to bidons too!
– Can I buy food or beverages inside the venue?
Yes! We will have this amazing Fan Zone, with just-made food and fresh beverages available. It will have an Expo Zone, too, and some cool music thanks to Red Bull. Click here for more info (in Spanish).
– Can I buy merchandising inside the venue?
Yes! Over at our Fan Zone, there will be several pop-up shops selling cycling stuff.
– Are pets allowed inside the venue?
Dogs are allowed inside the venue as long as they are duly secured (i.e., lace, muzzle…), although our recommendation is not to take them since there will be big crowds and lots of noise that might make them uneasy.
– Are bikes allowed inside the venue?
You may bring your bike, but there won’t be a designed area to park or store them. Therefore, you will be responsible to watch out for your own bike.
– Is there any way to reach the venue by public transport??
Sure! You can take the Tram Metropolitá d’Alacant. Line 1 goes from Alicante to Benidorm’s main station, a few hundred meters away from the venue. Line 9 goes from Dénia to Benidorm Intermodal, which is 1,5 km away from the venue. More info at https://www.tramalicante.es/
You can also take the public bus. See the schedules at https://alicante.avanzagrupo.com/es/lineas-y-horarios/benidorm
– Is there a parking zone for camper vans?
Yes, at Avenida Papa Juan Pablo II: https://goo.gl/maps/tfGTVMmAHR8nc9NF8
Notwithstanding, the camper van parking is intended for parking purposes only. Camping here is forbidden. If you wish to camp, you can check the designated camping locations in Benidorm here: https://www.visitbenidorm.es/ver/503/campings-en-benidorm.html
– Where should I park?
As we were saying above, there is a camper van parking at Avenida Papa Juan Pablo II (2,8 km away from the venue; https://goo.gl/maps/tfGTVMmAHR8nc9NF8) and a general parking at Polígono P P 3 Zona Oeste, 3 (1,5 km away from the venue; https://goo.gl/maps/Zy3xVQ4WSYr1bQkD9)
– I have a disability. Where should I park?
If you have a disabled parking badge, you may access to the VIP parking, over at Aparcamiento Campo de Fútbol Guillermo Amor: https://goo.gl/maps/C5tgq6xoiWeXLzqq6
– When will the final starting list and the starting grid be released?
The rider’s confirmation closes on Saturday, at 6PM. We will release the final starting list some minutes later in our social media channels.